So, you received a java project from a fellow student, a professor, or just another JAVA enthusiast and you don’t know how to open it in NetBeans. Well, you have come to the right place.
I put together this tutorial that will guide you to import projects to NetBeans in 8 simple steps.
- Locate the zip file. In my case, it is saved on the desktop.
- Open NetBeans IDE
- Click “File”, then “Import Project”, then select “From ZIP…”
- Click “Browse” and lookup your zip file. Once you find your file, select it and click “Open”.
- You may get a message saying, “No NetBeans projects added”, but that’s not a problem.
- Click “File”, then click “Open Project”
- Your imported project should appear in your NetBeans Projects folder. Select it and click “Open Folder”.
- You should now see your imported project on your project list in NetBeans.
Check out my site for more projects